Tuesday

It's OK To Ask For Directions

Thanks to the miracles of modern transport we can now travel from London to Paris, by train, in less than three hours! You can even drive to Paris by taking your car on the train beneath the English Channel.

That’s great, except for the fact that once I’m in Paris, I usually become hopelessly lost! Of course, I’m the typical male-too stubborn…or ‘thick’ (depending who’s sitting beside me) to ask for directions. I must have driven through L'Arc de Triomphe five times before I finally found the small B&B we had booked in central Paris. Oh, had I only stopped to ask for guidance.

Happily, Thomas was an apostle who asked the right questions and wasn’t afraid to ask. Jesus had just announced that He was leaving them to return to His Father in Heaven. Thomas wants to know how to get to Heaven.

It is a vital question too few of us ask. We hope we are good enough for God. We’re good at reasoning with ourselves. We’ve gone to church regularly and we believe that we will all meet again ‘somewhere.’ But that isn’t what Jesus taught!

‘I have come that they might have life, and life in all its fullness’ was His claim. Or again ‘I am the way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me’

I hope you are not, as I have been sometimes, refusing to stop and ask the right way. It is a vital question. Have you asked it? Have you found the answer or are you still searching?



God of love, we thank You for showing us the way. Help us to walk in Your light always. We pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen


Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home