Monday

My Tenner

As I was reading my missal, I found myself looking at one of my bookmarks. Among the beautiful ribbons, I've placed a £10 note. It has marks, seals, and pictures to show its significance. Also when you hold it up to the light you can see more markings and a silver strip of metal running through it.

Her Majesty's government has made it as difficult as possible to copy. The Bible is like my £10 note. It has marks (on Christ's hands and feet), seals (as He was put in a tomb), and images (the book of Revelation on what is to come), to show its significance. What it talks about is impossible to copy, though we know of one who tries! The Bible is valuable, it can buy you something more precious than gold. It can make your life flow with abundance, and can help alleviate suffering.

One day there will be no more money printed when we move to a cashless society, and one day we will no longer need the Bible when it's author returns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home